Anchor and Riser Monitoring
Acoustic Anchor and Riser Monitoring System allowing the FPSO organisation to monitor the presence and position of anchor chains simultaneously in real time. If there is a problem with the mooring of the vessel, the system will alert the operator to the issue immediately via an alarm signal to the control room. Great emphasis has been placed on safe, installation-friendly, low-maintenance and corrosion-resistant solutions when choosing materials. Because of its slim design, the system can be retrofitted and deployed in one or several spare camera tubes. The advantage is that it does not occupy empty I tubes allocated for future risers. Several sonars can work in parallel and to a large degree overlap all the sectors of the anchor chain spread, thereby adding redundancy to the overall system and reducing the chance of false alarms. The tailored software supporting the system detects the point of failure and generates an alarm in real time. As the sonar pings, it images a 360-degree slice of the water column including risers and anchor chains. The depth below ship hull can varies between 0,5 – 5 meters.
- Seeing is believing!, no doubt about presence of mooring lines.
- Automatic alarming for mooring line failures.
- Not occupying I-tube for future risers.
- Light weight with no/min. modifications to existing structure.
- Two men required for installation and maintenance.
- Rugged and field proven sonar technology.
- No need for ROV intervention during instalation and services
- Optional flexible riser and umbilical monitoring
For more info: Bjarte Langeland (+47) 915 71 819